Something came up and you can't make your trip? Instead of canceling, you can get in touch with Support to adjust your dates. If you need to cancel your trip completely, we understand. You can do so by following these steps:
- Log into your Hipcamp account and go to your Trips page
- From here, click on the trip you wish to cancel
- Under Trip Details, click Cancel Booking
- Select your reason for canceling from the drop-down menu
- Click the red Cancel Booking button to confirm your cancellation
If you are needing to add more campers to your booking, you can simply update your group size without canceling. See How do I change my group size?
Make sure to confirm your Host's Cancellation Policy by visiting the listing page. If you are within the cancellation window, you will be refunded everything minus the non-refundable Hipcamp service fee.
Refunds can take between 7 and 10 business days to post to your account but are usually processed much more quickly than that.
If you have any questions about the cancellation policy in place or need help canceling a booking, please get in touch with Hipcamp Support.
Canceling your booking from the app? Check out this FAQ: How do I cancel a Trip within the app?