If your Hipcamp is a Request To Book campsite, you'll receive a text message and email whenever a Hipcamper submits a request to book. You can easily accept a Request To Book by replying to this text.
Overall information included on text message:
- The text message below is an example of a Request To Book waiting to be Accepted or Declined
- The text includes important information such as booking start date, number of nights, booked site number, Hipcamper name, booking total and Hipcamper Message
- You can also reply to this text to talk to your potential Hipcamper to ask any questions or to get any clarifications. These replies will also show up under your Hipcamp Messages.
Accepting a Request to Book
In order to accept a booking, you'll need to reply with the word accept and include the booking number which is provided to you in the text message. You're able to accept this booking by replying with Accept Enter Booking Number
- In this example, you would reply with: Accept 104826
Declining a Request to Book and closing the requested dates
Sometimes, you might have something come up and you aren't able to host Hipcampers on a specific date. The last thing you thought about was blocking your calendar and now you have a Request to Book for a date you cannot host. You're able to reply to this text message and close down the dates by replying with Decline Enter Booking Number
- In this example, you would reply with: Decline 104826
Declining a Request to Book and keeping dates open
If you would like to decline a Request To Book and keep the dates open so other Hipcampers have the opportunity to book with you, you can do so by replying to the text message with Decline Enter Booking Number On
- In this example, you would reply with: Decline 104826 On
Pro tip: you can save the phone number (415) 818-1371 as Hipcamp Bookings in your contacts so you always know when a text is related to a Hipcamp booking.