We make every effort to protect our Hosts and vet our Hipcampers. Here’s how:
- Each Hipcamper signs an agreement stating they’ll follow the rules and guidelines you’ve set up.
- Each Hipcamper is required to review the Leave No Trace principles before making a booking.
- Hipcamper reviews let Hosts leave feedback on Hipcampers after a booking concludes.
- Hipcampers are able to connect their Facebook accounts to their Hipcamp accounts, which provides an additional layer of verification.
- If a Hipcamper is flagged for not following the Hipcamper Standards or a Host's rules, Hipcamp Support will provide clear feedback. If necessary, and in accordance with Hipcamp's own investigation and processes, they will be banned from using Hipcamp in the future.
- Hipcampers are required to use their real names when booking trips.
Luckily, we’re proud to say that we don't often have reports of Hipcampers behaving poorly. In fact, many Hosts often complement how respectful Hipcampers are to their land.
If you are wanting to vet Hipcampers more carefully, you can choose to have a "request to book" site instead of an "instant book" site so that you have a chance to see the Hipcamper's profile and the information they have sent you before accepting their booking.
"For someone who's considering it, I would say that it has been a really good experience for us. The clientele has been so respectful and nice. It’s fun to meet everybody because they're from all over. The people at Hipcamp have been good to us, too. It's a positive experience" -Fred and Jinger Dixon, Hosts of Private Beach Farm