Every unit on Hipcamp has a nightly base price with a max group size that a Host sets. For example, a Host may set their base price at £50 per night, for up to 4 Hipcampers.
Some Hosts also allow additional people over the max group size for an additional cost. Additional people can be added at the time of checkout, and modified at any time after booking up until your trip's start date.
If changing the number of additional people after you make your booking, your card will be charged the "additional person cost" - the price per extra person per night, plus a small service fee.
Removing additional people will result in a full refund of the "additional person cost", fewer service fees.
If you're using the app and want to modify your group size, check out this article: Can I modify my trip on the app?
How to change your Group Size on the website
- Log in to your Hipcamp account
- Navigate to the Trips page
- Select the trip you'd like to edit
- Click the Trip Page button on the booking you're looking to update.
- Click the Modify trip button.
- A pop-up will appear where you can manage your group size.
- Update the revised group size and click Review.
- If an additional charge applies, your receipt will update accordingly before confirming.
- Click Confirm charge to finalize the change.