First, take a look at your property page today. You can do this by going to your Property tab and then clicking the ‘Preview’ button.
What should I name my property?
- Target 3-4 words
- Highlight your property's best feature (redwoods? mountains? secluded? retreat? orchard?)
- Double-check your spelling is correct
- Don't use all capital letters, emojis, or special characters ($#@)
What should my property description say?
- Enticing first sentence: E.g., “Stay on our grove of old-growth redwoods in Northern California and enjoy lots of nearby coastal hiking and mountain biking trails."
- Terrain: How many acres/hectares? Is the property nestled in pines or under redwoods? On the side of a river? On the open plain? In the mountains?
- Nearby points of interest + distances: State or national parks, swimming holes or other bodies of water, views, landmarks. Distance to nearest grocery stores + restaurants.
- Activities: Swimming, hiking, biking, horseback riding, surfing, bird watching, etc. Clarify if these can be done nearby (how far) vs. on the property itself.
- Amenities: Toilet + what kind of toilet; shower; potable water; cooking options; fire pit; firewood; picnic table. Are these amenities private or shared?
- Privacy: How far is the property from other properties / neighbors? How far is the road? If there are multiple campsites, how far are they from each other? Should Hipcampers expect to see other people during their stay? What sounds should Hipcampers expect?
- Access: 4WD required? Clearance? Tight turns? Walk-in only?
How should I select my property cover photo?
Once on your property page, you'll see a big banner photo at the top—that's your cover photo. It's a long, skinny shape right now, but that will change soon, so don't worry if it's only showing part of your photo.
If you'd like to change your cover photo, click it and navigate through your photos until you find one you'd like, then click the 'make cover photo' button in the top left corner. Done!
When selecting your cover photo it's important to keep the following in mind:
- Photo should be horizontally-oriented
- Photo should be a zoomed-out shot of your land
- Photo should be bright and taken during daylight
Here are some things to avoid when selecting a cover photo:
- Photos of Google maps or other maps of your property
- Graphics, illustrations, or other non-photos
- Zoomed-in photos of signage, pets, or flowers
- Photos taken at night
- Photos that are not your land or property