Hosts who share their listing on Facebook can drive hundreds and even thousands of people to their listing pages. That's a lot, considering more than 10 percent of all bookings on Hipcamp originate from social media posts written by Hosts like you!
Here's a quick guide on sharing the perfect Facebook post to drive campers to your listing:
- Head to the "Property" section of your Dashboard.
- Decide which listing you’d like to share on Facebook, and press “view listing page."
- Once on your listing page, click the share button, directly to the right of the “save to list” button.
- Press the icon for Facebook.
- If you are logged into your Facebook page, the button will create a Facebook post window, which you can then add text into.
- If you are not logged into Facebook, you’ll need to enter your login information, and then the window will open for you.
- Next, you will write a caption. We recommend including words that mention the best parts of your property, and include an action like “Book now!” or “Share this post with your friends!”
- Example #1: My Hipcamp, [insert your Hipcamp's name], is available this weekend! Feel free to share, or tag a friend who you think may be interested in a private and secluded camping experience.
- Example #2: Looking for a weekend getaway? Look no further than [insert your Hipcamp’s name]. Book your stay!
- Once you’re finished writing your caption, be sure to tag “@Hipcamp”.
- To tag, press the “Shift" and "2" buttons at the same time to create an @ symbol.
- After you create the @ symbol, type “Hipcamp” and select our page.
- Be sure not to select Hipcamp Host page, as your friends won’t be able to see the page.
- Make sure your post is set to public, so it’s viewable to potential campers when shared.
- In order to set the post to public, make sure the button on the bottom right across from “News Feed” is set to public.
- Press “Publish to Facebook.”
Congrats, your post has been shared on Facebook!
Bonus steps: To boost your shares, you can go to your own Facebook page, and find your own post. Click “comment” and tag a few friends in the comments! This should help with your post’s engagement and likes.
Here's a walkthrough of the above steps: