Claiming an assignment
- Go to the assignment list—these are the properties available for you to shoot.
- Click on “State” in the top row or zoom in to your location on the map to find properties near you.
- Click “View Assignment” beside the property you'd like to visit so you can learn more about it.
- If you'd like to claim the assignment, click the "Claim Assignment" button. You'll receive a pop-up with a special Hipcamp Photographer discount code to cover the cost of one night.
- You'll be redirected to the Hipcamp Photographer dashboard, where you'll see your claimed property. Click on the property so you can select a listing to make a booking at. Your trip must be within one month of the claim date, and you must book it within 24 hours. (For example, if you claim a listing on July 11, your booking shouldn’t be later than August 11.)
- During the checkout process, you'll have to enter your credit card info, but when you add the discount code it'll drop your total to zero—nice!
- If there is an occupancy tax on the booking, reach out to email@example.com letting us know how much tax you were charged, and we’ll reimburse you for the cost when we pay you for your assignment.
- If your listing is Request to Book, you’ll be prompted to leave a message for the Host. Please introduce yourself as a Hipcamp Photographer and tell them a little about yourself, how they can reach you, and how many respectful friends/campers you plan on bringing with you.
I had to request to book—what happens next?
If your listing is Request to Book (as opposed to Instant Book), you’ll have to wait until the Host confirms or declines your booking, just like a normal Hipcamper. If the Host does not respond within 48 hours, the claim will expire. You can attempt to claim the listing when it reappears on the list, or otherwise select a new assignment to claim on the Hipcamp Photographer dashboard.
Still have questions? No problem—email firstname.lastname@example.org any time and we'll get back to you.