- Go to the assignment list—these are the properties available for you to shoot.
- Zoom in to your location on the map to find properties near you.
- Click “View Assignment” beside the property you'd like to visit so you can learn more about it.
- If you'd like to claim the assignment, click the "Claim Assignment" button. You'll receive a pop-up with a special Hipcamp Photographer discount code to cover the cost of one night.
- After that you will see another pop up that displays the site that is available for a photography booking. Important: make sure you note this down as you will not be able to book other sites that aren't opted in.
- You'll be redirected to the Hipcamp Photographer dashboard, where you'll see your claimed Hipcamp. Click on the Hipcamp so you can select the site to make a booking at. Your trip must be within one month of the claim date, and you must book it within 24 hours. (For example, if you claim a site on July 11, your booking shouldn’t be later than August 11.)
- During the checkout process, you'll have to enter your credit card info, but when you add the discount code it'll drop your total to zero—nice!
- If there is an occupancy tax on the booking, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or letting us know how much tax you were charged, and we’ll refund you right away. It's best to email in about this rather than include the amount on your invoice.
- If your site is Request to Book, you’ll be prompted to leave a message for the Host. Please introduce yourself as a Hipcamp Photographer and tell them a little about yourself, how they can reach you, and how many respectful friends/campers you plan on bringing with you.
I had to request to book—what happens next?
If your site is Request to Book (as opposed to Instant Book), you’ll have to wait until the Host confirms or declines your booking, just like a normal Hipcamper. If the Host does not respond within 48 hours, the claim will expire. You can attempt to claim the site when it reappears on the list, or otherwise select a new assignment to claim on the Hipcamp Photographer dashboard.
Still have questions? No problem—email email@example.com any time and we'll get back to you.
I Instant Booked - what happens next?
Make sure you have spoken to your Host about the assignment via your Hipcamp messages to confirm they know you're coming.
I got an error message when I used the discount code
This is because you are trying to book the wrong site. The site available to book for photography is shown when you claim the assignment. If you're having trouble with this and don't know which site you were supposed to book, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.