If you are hosting on multiple other platforms in addition to Hipcamp, it's important that your calendars are properly synced to prevent double bookings.
Please note: Sync tools are only available on live listings and this must be done on a desktop device at this time.
Log into your Hipcamp account and visit your External Calendars page where you will be able to import and export iCAL/ics links to sync multiple calendars to Hipcamp. You’ll also be able to monitor your sync connections to make sure you have two-way sync connections set up correctly.
You can navigate to the External Calendars page from your Dashboard or from your Calendar under the Options tab. The above link will take you right there!
Once on the External Calendar page:
- Click "Add Calendar" and you will be walked through the process.
- Select which site you would like to sync
- Name your calendar. Generally we recommend naming the Calendar after the other platform you are syncing with e.g. “VRBO”. Pay special attention to the information on that window:
- Copy the export URL provided and paste it into the other platform you wish to sync with
- Then, copy the URL from the other website, and paste it into the import link field
- Click "Save" and you'll see this confirmation page:
As the confirmation states, it may take a few hours for the sync to activate, so be sure to check back on the status.
We officially support syncing with Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, and iCal, but other ICS/iCal links from other services are also likely to work.
When set up properly, calendars will be synced regularly to keep availability up to date and we will always sync your calendars right before a new Hipcamp booking is put through to make sure no double bookings occur.
Read more about how to sync the following calendars:
Special note: We improved our calendar syncing reliability in September 2020. If you set up your two-way sync before then, we’ve made changes to your Hipcamp calendar links which is why your status may read “IMPORT ONLY”. We recommend that you re-add your Hipcamp link to the other platform by following the below instructions to upgrade your syncing connection, reliability, and to unlock monitoring tools.