Every listing on Hipcamp has a nightly base price with a max group size that a Host sets. For example, a Host may set their base price at $50 per night, for up to 4 Hipcampers.
Some Hosts also allow additional people over the max group size for an additional cost. Additional people can be added at the time of checkout, and modified at any time after booking up until your trip's start date.
If changing the number of additional people after you make your booking, your card will be charged the "additional person cost" - the price per extra person per night, plus a small service fee.
Removing additional people will result in a full refund of the "additional person cost", less service fees.
How to change the number of Hipcampers in your booking in the app
- Go to your Trips tab and select the appropriate trip
- Scroll down to the group size section and tap Edit
- Update the group size and save
How to change the number of Hipcampers in your booking on the website
- Log in to your Hipcamp account and visit your Trips page
- Click on the trip you want to edit
- Find Group Size about halfway down the page
- Select Edit
- Once the modification window pops up you will be able to adjust your group's size.
- If an additional charge applies, it will be noted on the green save changes button and be charged to the original card used to make the initial booking.