Hipcamp Hosts are expected to honor all scheduled bookings, as cancellations create a disappointing experience for Hipcampers. We ask that you keep your calendar up to date and use our calendar integrations tools to avoid having to cancel bookings.
We understand that some circumstances beyond your control may lead to a warranted cancellation, and we won’t hold those cases against you. Examples of warranted cancellations include natural disasters (flooding, wildfires), COVID-19 related cancellations, and when Hipcampers request that you cancel on their behalf.
However, unwarranted cancellations create a negative experience for Hipcampers. Please review our Host Cancellation Policy and Host Standards for details on warranted and unwarranted cancellations.
Please note that Host-initiated booking cancellations automatically initiate full refunds (including service fee*) for the Hipcamper regardless of the cancellation policy in place. Your calendar dates will also be reopened automatically.
*If you select the cancellation reason ‘Cancelling on behalf of camper’ the service fee component won’t be refunded.
To cancel a booking, first, visit your host calendar by clicking on the 'Calendar' link at the top of your hosting dashboard.
Once in your calendar, follow these steps to cancel your booking:
- Click on the booking you want to cancel from the calendar.
- If you have more than one booking that day, select the booking you’d like to cancel.
- This will open the booking details. Scroll to the bottom of the details and select the “Cancel Booking” button.
- Fill in the form by providing a reason for the cancellation and write a message to the Hipcamper telling them why you had to cancel.
- Confirm your cancellation and proceed back to the calendar.
To learn how to do this on the Hipcamp App, this article may help!
Looking for more information on how to manage your calendar? Here are some helpful guides.
If you need to block dates on your calendar to prevent bookings, please consult this guide.