- Go to the assignment list—these are the properties available for you to shoot.
- Zoom in to your location on the map to find properties near you.
- Click “View Assignment” beside the property you'd like to visit so you can learn more about it.
- If you'd like to claim the assignment, click the "Claim Assignment" button. You'll receive a pop-up with a special Hipcamp Photographer discount code to cover the cost of one night.
- After that you will see another pop up that displays the unit that is available for a photography booking. Important: make sure you note this down as you will not be able to book other units that aren't opted in.
- You'll be redirected to the Hipcamp Photographer dashboard, where you'll see your claimed Hipcamp. Click on the Hipcamp so you can select the unit to make a booking at. Your trip must be within one month of the claim date, and you must book it within 24 hours. (For example, if you claim a unit on July 11, your booking shouldn’t be later than August 11.)
- During the checkout process, you'll have to enter your credit card info, but when you add the discount code it'll drop your total to zero—nice!
- If there is an occupancy tax on the booking, reach out to email@example.com or letting us know how much tax you were charged, and we’ll refund you right away. It's best to email in about this rather than include the amount on your invoice.
- Please send a Hipcamp message to introduce yourself as a Hipcamp Photographer and tell them a little about yourself, how they can reach you, and how many respectful friends/campers you plan on bringing with you.
I Instant Booked - what happens next?
Make sure you have spoken to your Host about the assignment via your Hipcamp messages to confirm they know you're coming.
I got an error message when I used the discount code
This is because you are trying to book the wrong unit. The unit available to book for photography is shown when you claim the assignment. If you're having trouble with this and don't know which unit you were supposed to book, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.