If you’d like to offer pricing for children as additional guests (aged 12 and below), you can now do this in your listing! Currently, this feature is only available for Australian Hosts.
For example, your base price might be set to 1 guest for $15 and all additional guests for $15. Now, with this new feature, you can set additional adults as $15 and additional children as $5.
To set up child pricing:
- Head to your Dashboard and click Property
- Edit each Listing where you'd like to add child pricing
- Select Sites and pricing on the left
- Scroll down until you see Advanced pricing
- Fill out the field under How much will you charge per additional child…
- Hit Save changes at the bottom
Once you set up your child pricing, this is how it will look on the Hipcamper’s side:
Good to know:
- If you offer weeknight discounts, the percentage you set will also apply to the child guest price.
- If you offer custom pricing through your Calendar, your pricing for additional campers will also increase at the same rate that you increase your base price for all future bookings.
- Example: If your base price is normally $50 and your additional guest or child fee is $20, but you increase your base price to $75 (+50%) on a special day, that +50% would also apply to the additional guest and child fee on that special day ($30 instead of $20).
- Children added to a booking contribute to your total capacity. If you allow up to 4 people per booking (including additional Hipcampers) and 2 adults are booked, only 2 children can be added.
- If you have multiple listings, you'll have to set up child pricing for each listing separately.
- If you’d like to offer toddlers or infants to stay free of charge, you can do this! Don’t worry, they’ll still be covered by insurance. You just need to make this clear in your listing description.
- If you’re a Host in North America, consider providing a partial refund to campers after they check out for any child guest.
This is a new feature, so please feel free to share your feedback by contacting the Hipcamp Support Team.