Below find answers to some frequently asked questions about the Hosting profile on our app!
What Hosting features are available on the app?
The app has a variety of features that Hosts can use to manage their sites and account. Below is a list of the features our app has for Hosts:
- Hipcamp Messages (Inbox): Contact Hipcampers and accept or decline booking requests on the go.
- Calendar: Manage your availability and date-specific pricing across all of your sites.
- Bookings: Check for upcoming bookings, cancel bookings and modify booking extras.
- Property: Update your site’s status (pause, open, deactivate). Edit certain sections of each of your sites.
- Account management (Me): Update notification preferences and reset your password.
How can I update my site’s status?
Updating your site’s status is super easy with the app. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a Property tab. Click that to see a list of your sites. You can also edit certain sections of your site from this screen.
From there, click the 3 dots next to the site you’d like to pause and select Update status from the menu. Select a reason and how long you’d like to pause the site.
Follow the same steps if you want to open a paused site.
How can I manage bookings in the app?
The Bookings tab on the app gives you access to all of your future bookings and their details. Once you click on “Bookings” at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a list of upcoming bookings. If you click on a booking, you’ll be able to see the details of that particular booking including:
- Name and contact information of the Hipcamper
- Group size and number of vehicles
- Site that’s booked
- Check in and check out dates
- Number of nights booked
- Earnings for that booking
- Extras the Hipcampers purchased
Also, from this view, you’ll be able to cancel the booking, if needed, or you can update the number of Extras the group purchased.
Can I change the price for specific days?
Yes! To change your price for a date range, tap the Calendar icon at the bottom of the screen. From there, select “Manage” and click the dates you want to edit. When you click “Continue” you will see a field to update the nightly price for each site.
How do I message Hipcampers and accept/decline booking requests?
When you click the Inbox icon at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a list of all of your message threads with Hipcampers. At the top, you can filter to see pending, confirmed, past, and question threads. Click on the name of the Hipcamper you want to message and compose a message and send on the spot!
How do I update my account information on the app?
On the app, there is a Me tab at the bottom of the screen. If you click that, you’ll see a page where you can:
- Find our FAQs
- Edit your notifications preferences
- Reset your password
- Switch to Camping Profile
Can I start a new listing on the app?
At this time, new listings can only be drafted on the website either on a computer or on a mobile browser.
What if I have multiple properties, can I manage them all on the app?
At this time, you can only manage one property at a time on the app. To manage another property on your smartphone or mobile device, consider using Hipcamp.com on your mobile browser.