Special note: We improved our calendar syncing reliability in September 2020. If you set up your two-way sync before then, we've made changes to your Hipcamp calendar links which is why your status may read “IMPORT ONLY”. We recommend that you re-add your Hipcamp link to VRBO by following the below instructions to upgrade your syncing connection, reliability, and to unlock monitoring tools. Sync tools are only available on live listings and this must be done on a desktop device at this time.
There are a couple reasons why you may want to sync your Hipcamp calendars together. The most common one is if you want to offer your whole property (that has multiple listings) to be booked out all together.
Example: You have a treehouse, a cabin, and a tent camping listing, and you want to be able to offer all of these listings together under an 'entire property' listing.
You can do this by syncing all of your individual listings into the entire property listing, and vice versa. When set up properly, calendars will be synced regularly to keep availability up to date and we will always sync your calendars right before a new Hipcamp booking is put through to make sure no double bookings occur.
Step 1: Create and copy all of your 'individual site' calendar Hipcamp export links
- Visit your External Calendars page. You can navigate there from your Dashboard homepage or via your Calendar under the Options tab.
- Click Add a calendar for your each of your individual campsites and name them after your 'entire property' listing.
- Copy the Hipcamp export links, and paste them somewhere that will allow you to have them handy and know what site they are for (google doc, notepad, etc). Hit Save.
Step 2: Create and copy multiple calendars for your 'entire property' listing and paste in the 'individual site' links
- Stay on the External Calendars page.
- Click Add a calendar for your entire property listing and name it after the individual site you are syncing it with (ex: 'Tent site 1' or 'Magical Treehouse')
- Paste the specific 'individual site' sync link into the import field from the previous step.
- Copy the Hipcamp export link for the 'entire property' listing and save it in your doc/notepad so that you know what site it is associated with. Hit Save.
- Repeat as necessary until you have added all of your 'individual site' links into the import fields and saved all of the 'entire property' export links.
Step 3: Paste your 'entire property' links into each specific 'individual site' calendar.
- Once again, visit your External Calendars page
- Click Edit on the first 'individual site' calendar and paste in the 'entire property' link that correlates with that site.
- Hit Save.
Your calendars will be in an Activating state for a few hours. After that time, all of your calendars will have the green Connected notation to let you know everything was set up properly. Here's what it will look like: