Special note: We improved our calendar syncing reliability in September 2020. If you set up your two-way sync before then, we’ve made changes to your Hipcamp calendar links which is why your status may read “IMPORT ONLY”. We recommend that you re-add your Hipcamp link to MyAllocator by following the below instructions to upgrade your syncing connection, reliability, and to unlock monitoring tools.
If you are using MyAllocator to manage your hosting business, it’s important that your Hipcamp calendars are properly synced with MyAllocator both ways. This prevents double bookings and provides a better experience for your Hipcampers (and less stress for you!) Please note that this process must be done on a desktop computer at this time.
To set up a successful two-way sync, you’ll need to get the iCAL calendar links for each of your calendars (this is a specialized link that allows each of your calendars to “talk” to each other.)
Special note: If you are a Host with multiple campsites within a listing (ex: a tent camping listing with four individual campsites), each individual site will need to be synced separately to a specific MyAllocator 'room' link. There is no other way to set up a successful sync where availability is updated for each campsite appropriately. It's essential that you have a unique .ics link for each campsite/room on both Hipcamp and in MyAllocator.
Step 1: Grab your Hipcamp link(s) to export into MyAllocator
- Visit your External Calendars page. You can navigate there from your Dashboard homepage or via your Calendar under the Options tab. The above link will take you right there!
- Click Add a calendar and name it MyAllocator
- Copy the Hipcamp export link and hit Save
Step 2: Add your Hipcamp Calendar link(s) into MyAllocator
1. Go to the Hipcamp Setup in MyAllocator
2. Check the box to enable the connection
3. Find the room associated with the specific campsite and paste the Hipcamp link into the 'exported' field and save
4. Copy the link to paste into Hipcamp
Step 3: Adding your MyAllocator link(s) into Hipcamp
- Now that you have your MyAllocator .ics links, go back to your Hipcamp External Calendars page
- Click Edit on the specific site that you are syncing with MyAllocator and paste your MyAllocator link into the Import Link box
- Hit Save and visit the page in a few hours to make sure that your two-way sync is active!
You’ll be able to tell things are working if you see the green “Two Way Sync” label next to your calendars.
This is what it will look like if everything is working:
If you host on other platforms and need to sync those calendars, the process is the same. You can sync to any services that use iCAL/ics links. You can check out our other helpful FAQ: Can I sync my Hipcamp calendar with multiple other calendars?