What should I do if my Hipcamper asks me about a date change?
If a Hipcamper contacts you via Hipcamp Messages asking to change their trip date, you can share the below FAQ with them so that they can easily understand how to submit the request from their account. This should help the modification go smoothly! This link can be sent through Hipcamp messages:
If you are an Instant Book Host, the modification they make will update the trip details automatically.
If you're a Request to Book Host, you will receive a modification request that you can approve or decline.
How can I respond to a 'Request to Modify?'
If you are a 'Request to Book' Host, and Hipcampers want to change their dates for a confirmed trip, they can now submit this request via their Trips Page when they are logged into their account.
When they submit this request, you will be sent an email, a SMS message, and a notification from the Hipcamp app if you are using the app. You'll be able to respond to the request via any of these alerts.
You have 24 hours to respond to the request to approve or decline the changes. You'll see any changes to your payout for the trip before you respond to the request.
- If you decline the request or let it expire, the original trip will still be on your calendar with no changes.
- Your response time is not counted for these requests in your overall response time
- If you decline a modification request or if it expires, that action will also not count into your overall response score.
What about my cancel policy?
Your cancellation policy is always taken into account with these requests, and if the campers are requesting a change outside of your policy, they will be charged as if they were cancelling the trip.
- Example: If the trip is tomorrow, and you have a Strict cancel policy that requires a cancellation a week in advance in order for a refund to be issued, a Hipcamper that modifies their trip to the next month will automatically be charged for the previous days that they had on your calendar in addition to the new days they are requesting in the future.
- You can always use the refund tool in your calendar to refund any additional charges at your discretion.