Instagram is a social media platform for sharing photos and videos with the world, and can be an especially great tool to engage with guests and generate more bookings.
We've created a comprehensive resource on using Instagram here:
Here’s how to use Instagram to market your listing:
- Create your account
- Set up an Instagram account, and create an easily searchable username of your farm/property’s name
- Add your Hipcamp URL to your Bio
- Add a short and catchy description, and link your Hipcamp in your bio!
- Post regularly
- Take and upload some captivating photos of your property (aim high for 1 post per week, increasing up to once per day!)
- Check out our Hipcamp Instagram for more post inspiration
- Start following accounts
- Follow friends and family, as well as some accounts that highlight your ethos (horticulture accounts, outdoor clubs, etc.)
- Experiment with “Reels”
- Take advantage of the Instagram Reels feature to add some captivating video content to your page
- Engage with followers
- Interact with any comments you get on your posts, as well as commenting on the posts of people you follow!
- Share on your “Stories”
- Utilize Instagram Stories to share casual, daily life updates about your property
- Follow Hipcamp!
- Follow and tag @Hipcamp for the chance to be featured on our Instagram page!