We encourage Hosts to do as much of their own advertising and promotion as possible, and Facebook can be a great tool to engage with guests and generate more bookings. The key to turn posts into bookings is to use your Hipcamp URL everywhere. When you do this, you are giving guests a quick link to more information and a quick link for them to book online quickly and securely.
Your Hipcamp URL is the unique link to your listing or property page. It will look something like this: https://www.hipcamp.com/discover/new-south-wales/cape-meringo
We suggest optimising your Facebook page by doing the following:
1. In the ABOUT US section there is a field for your website. Add your Hipcamp URL here.
2. Add a BOOK NOW button, which can link straight to your Hipcamp page where people can make a booking.
See the below example for how this host has included links to their Hipcamp page using both the website and Book Now button options.
3. Do a post introducing your listing, with some great photos, and paste your Hipcamp URL within the post. Find the option to 'pin to the top'. This means this particular post will stay at the top of your page and is usually the first thing a user will read.
4. Update your followers regularly with news posts, videos and special offers.
5. Remember to use #Hipcamp with every post!