Using the Google calendar can be a really efficient way to monitor all of your booking platforms in one place. Follow the steps below to learn how to import your Hipcamp calendar into your Google calendar and your Google calendar into your Hipcamp calendar.
Note: If you want one link for all of your Hipcamp listings and bookings to import into Google, please file a Support ticket and we can provide this for you.
The below gives you instructions on how to sync each individual site with Google calendar. This must be done on a desktop device at this time.
1. Grab your Hipcamp calendar sync link:
- Visit your External Calendar syncing page in your Dashboard. This link will take you right there!
- Add a calendar and name it Google Calendar
- Grab the Hipcamp export link for the site and follow the next instructions to import it into Google.
2. Import your Hipcamp calendar link into your Google Calendar:
- Open your Google Calendar on a computer
- On the left-hand side click on “Other calendars”
- Choose “Add by URL” and paste your Hipcamp calendar URL
3. Import your Google calendar into your Hipcamp calendar:
- Log in to your Google calendar and go to your settings page
- Under 'Settings for my calendars', click the calendar you want to sync and then click 'Integrate calendar'
- If your calendar is public, you can use the public address in iCal format. If your calendar is private, click to toggle visibility of the ics link
- Log into Hipcamp and go to your External Calendar page
- Select the Google calendar option you previously created
- Paste the Google calendar link into the “import” field and save
There will be an activation period before the syncing is active. Check back after a few hours to make sure the connection is working - it will say Export Only if you have successfully synced your Hipcamp calendar into Google Calendar.