If you host on multiple platforms, it's important that your calendars are properly synced. This helps to avoid double bookings and ensures a smooth experience for your Hipcampers. Read on to understand the steps to make sure your calendars are properly synced. This is an easy two-step process that consists of importing your Hipcamp calendar into VRBO and then importing your VRBO calendar into Hipcamp.
Importing your VRBO calendar into Hipcamp
1. Log into your VRBO account, got to your reservation calendar and click the Import/Export arrows icon
2. Click Export Calendar
3. Copy the URL and follow the instructions on your external calendar in order to import
4. Now that you have your VRBO calendar link, log into your Hipcamp account
5. Select Host Dashboard
6. Click on Calendar
7. Click Sync Settings
8. Select Import a calendar
9. Click on Add a calendar
10. Paste the iCAL link you copied from VRBO
11. Select the green Add calendar button to save the link
Importing your Hipcamp calendar into VRBO
1. log into your Hipcamp account
2. Select Host Dashboard
3. Click on Calendar
4. Select Sync Settings
5. Select Export Calendar
6. A window with two links will appear
- The first link will include all listings and campsites at your property
- The second link will only include this specific listing
7. Once you have copied the link, log into VRBO.
8.Click Import Calendar
9. Give the calendar a name
10. Select a color to represent the calendar
11. In the URL field, paste the calendar address.
12. Change webcal:// to http:// in the URL
13. Click Import Calendar
Here you will paste your HIpcamp ical calendar link we copied above, click save.
Please note it can take up to an hour for the calendars to fully sync. If you host on other platforms and need to sync those calendars, check out out our other helpful FAQ: Can I sync my Hipcamp calendar with multiple other calendars?