Blocking off dates for longer time periods is possible with just a few clicks!
Keeping your Hipcamp live and blocking off dates is recommended in situations where you know what date your Hipcamp will be available for bookings again. You'll still show up in search results and be able to get future bookings for dates when your property is ready for campers again.
Example: You want to seasonally close your Hipcamp from December until March. You block these months off in your calendar so that you won't get any bookings during that time, but Hipcampers looking to get a head start on their trip planning for next year will still be able to book your property for Memorial Day.
(Note: This of course also depends on your chosen setting for how far out Hipcampers can book.)
Here's how to block off dates for up to six months in the future:
- Log into your Hipcamp account
- Select "Host Dashboard"
- Click "Listings" from the menu on the top of the screen
- Click on "6-month view" next to the listing you would like to edit
- A six-month calendar view will pop up. Click the first and last date to highlight the period you'd like to block off
- Choose the reason for why you are blocking the dates and click "Confirm" to save the changes
- If you have another listing to edit, return to the "Listings" tab and repeat the above process
Here is a video to show you the above steps: