Is the special Field Scout code going to change?
No, the code will remain the same.
Is the Field Scout help email (firstname.lastname@example.org) changing?
No, this email will stay in-tact for now.
Why am I still seeing the term “Field Scout” around the website?
We didn't want to delay this announcement, so we're still working on transitioning to "Hipcamp Photographer" across the website. In the meantime, you will still see "Field Scout" around the website, and Hosts will still see this on their side. We'll update all instances as soon as we can, along with a clearer outline to Hosts about your role :)
Why are Hosts still calling me a Field Scout?
We’re updating all instances of “Field Scout” on the website first, then we’ll formally alert Hosts, along with a reminder of your role. Until then, they may still refer to you as a Field Scout. Thanks for your patience on this!
How should I describe this role on my LinkedIn proflle?
We really want this role to feel like a professional photography gig so you can grow your career, whether you're just starting out or 15 years experienced. Here’s a role description you can use for LinkedIn:
- Work with Hipcamp Hosts to schedule and photograph listings
- Photograph structure interiors and exteriors, as well as raw camping sites and outdoor landscapes
- Style and merchandize outdoor photo shoots with tents, gear, lighting, etc.
- Reprocess raw files to meet Hipcamp’s specific photography guidelines
- Manage regular email communication from Hipcamp’s photography team
- Travel for photoshoots