The Hipcamp Insurance Policy is designed to cover camping activities that may not be covered under other insurance policies you may have.
Please visit the Host Protection page for detailed information about Hipcamp Insurance including who is eligible for coverage, and how the policy works in general.
There are some important exclusions of the Hipcamp Insurance Policy to know about. Please familiarize yourself with the exclusions so that you can set appropriate rules on your property to ensure that all activities that Hipcampers would be taking part in will be covered under the Hipcamp Insurance Policy.
You can download a summary of the policy and read more detailed notes about the exclusions below. Here are the main exclusions to be aware of:
- Serving alcohol to Hipcampers
- They can bring their own, but you will need additional insurance if you plan to provide alcohol to Hipcampers.
- Operating vehicles, motorized watercraft, or aircraft
- Operating mobile equipment (tractors, etc)
- Using weapons
- Rock climbing
- Renting non-motorized boats
- Hipcampers can use non-motorized boats less than 26 feet long (such as kayaks, canoes, or or paddleboards) provided that they aren't being charged separately from the Hipcamp booking to use the boat.
If you would like to allow Hipcampers to take part in these activities on your property, please make sure you have other insurance in place that will cover these activities.