The Hipcamp Insurance Policy is designed to cover camping activities that may not be covered under other insurance policies you may have.
Please visit the Host Protection page for detailed information about Hipcamp Insurance including who is eligible for coverage, and how the policy works in general.
There are some important exclusions of the Hipcamp Insurance Policy to know about. Please familiarize yourself with the exclusions so that you can set appropriate rules on your property to ensure that all activities that Hipcampers would be taking part in will be covered under the Hipcamp Insurance Policy.
The following is a representation of certain provisions and not the actual policy. Potential claims must be submitted and reviewed by the carrier or its representative to confirm coverage is applicable to any particular claim. Hipcamp is not authorized to, and does not render coverage determinations under applicable policies of insurance.
Download a summary of the policy to read more about the exclusions listed below. Here are certain exclusions to be aware of:
- Serving alcohol to Hipcampers
- They can bring their own, but you will need additional insurance if you plan to provide alcohol to Hipcampers.
- Operating vehicles, motorized watercraft, or aircraft
- Operating mobile equipment (tractors, etc)
- Using weapons
- Rock climbing
- Renting non-motorized boats
- Hipcampers can use non-motorized boats less than 26 feet long (such as kayaks, canoes, or or paddleboards) provided that they aren't being charged separately from the Hipcamp booking to use the boat.
- Transmission of a communicable disease by an insured, any employee of any insured or any subcontractor of an insured
- Failure to perform services which were either intended to or assumed to prevent communicable diseases or their transmission to others.
If you would like to allow Hipcampers to take part in these activities on your property, please make sure you have other insurance in place that will cover these activities.