Many Extras are covered by the Hipcamp Insurance Policy! However, there are some important exclusions to be aware of. You’re still welcome to offer these activities as an Extra, or allow them on your property, but we recommend you have alternative insurance in place for the activity.
Our insurance only covers you for on-property activities, so anything taking place off your property will not be covered.
Additionally, the following activities are not covered on or off your property:
- Serving alcohol to Hipcampers
- They can bring their own, but you will need additional insurance if you plan to provide alcohol to Hipcampers.
- Operating vehicles, motorized watercraft, or aircraft
- Operating mobile equipment (tractors, etc)
- Using weapons
- Rock climbing
- Renting non-motorized boats
- Hipcampers can use non-motorized boats less than 26 feet long (such as kayaks, canoes, or or paddleboards) provided that they aren't being charged separately from the Hipcamp booking to use the boat.
Download a summary of the Hipcamp Insurance Policy and its exclusions here.