If you have multiple, similar dispersed sites, you may want to increase or decrease the number of sites. Dispersed sites mean that guests will choose a place to camp within your permitted area upon arrival. Campers don’t choose a specific site from the number of dispersed sites during the booking process.
Note: If you would like to add a designated site (a specific site that campers can choose when booking), you need to create a new site. Instructions here: How do I add an additional designated site or an additional structure?
To increase or decrease the number of dispersed site on the website (click here for app instructions), follow these steps:
- Click on Property from your Host Dashboard
- Click on Sites located next to ‘Overview’
- Click Edit next to the site you would like to edit
- Click on Capacity on the left side of the screen
- You will see the question ‘How many groups of Hipcampers can this area accommodate?’
- Update the number of dispersed sites
To add more sites on the app:
- Tap on the Property tab at the bottom of the app home screen
- Select Manage dispersed sites
- Add or remove sites by clicking the + or -
- Click Continue
Note: We recommend keeping camper comfort and privacy in mind when adding new sites. A good rule of thumb: limit to 3 sites per acre.