If you are closing temporarily for an off season or if you are going on vacation where you won't be able to respond to booking requests, you can temporarily "pause" your listing when you're not able to host Hipcampers. When 'paused', you won't show up in search results, and you will not receive new bookings. You can adjust your status at any time to go "live" again.
Important note — If you have upcoming bookings, they will remain on your calendar and still need to be honored. That is, while you will receive no new bookings when your listing is paused, if a booking was confirmed before you changed the listing status to "paused," it will still have to be honored. Please contact support if you are unable to honor any upcoming bookings.
Here's how to pause your listing from your Listings page in the Host Dashboard.
- Log into your Hipcamp account
- Select "Host Dashboard"
- Click "Listings" from the menu on the top of the screen
- Click on "Live" next to the listing you would like to pause
- A six-month calendar view will pop up. Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the left, click "I want to close this listing"
- Input your applicable settings and select "Confirm" to save your settings.
Here's a quick video to help out: