If you are closing temporarily for an off season or if you are going on vacation where you won't be able to respond to booking requests, you can temporarily "pause" your listing when you're not able to host Hipcampers. When 'paused', Hipcampers will no longer be able to find your listing when searching for places to stay and you will not receive new bookings. You can adjust your status at any time to go "live" again.
Important note — If you have upcoming bookings, they will remain on your calendar and still need to be honored. That is, while you will receive no new bookings when your listing is paused, if a booking was confirmed before you changed the listing status to "paused," it will still have to be honored. Please contact email@example.com if you are unable to honor any upcoming bookings.
Adjusting your listing status
You can easily pause your Hipcamp listing by doing the following:
- Log into your Hipcamp account
- Select "Host Dashboard"
- Click "Listings" from the menu on the top of the screen
- Select "Manage Calander" next to the listing you would like to pause
- On the calendar page scroll to the bottom of the page and on the left, click "I want to close this listing"
- Input your applicable settings and select "Confirm" to save your settings.