Has something come up and you can no longer make your original dates? Want to extend your trip while at a Host's property? Not to worry! You can modify the booking directly from your account.
If you're using the app and want to modify the dates of your trip, check out this article: Can I modify my trip on the app?
How to change your trip dates on the website
- Login to your Hipcamp account via your mobile or web browser.
- Make sure you log into the same account you used to book the trip!
- Visit your Trips Page
- Click the Trip Page button on the booking you're looking to update.
- Click the Modify trip button and select your new trip dates.
- Review your changes and click Confirm charge to submit the update.
- If this is an 'Instant Book' trip, the modification will be confirmed right away.
- If this is a 'Request to Book' trip, the Host will be sent a new request that they have 24 hours to respond to.
- If they don't respond to the request or if it is declined, your original trip details will remain in place, and you can decide to cancel your booking or message the Host to figure out an alternate plan.
Here's a video to show you how to make a modification from your Trip Page.
Refunds will be processed according to your Host's cancellation window, which is shown on your Trip Page. For instance, if you remove a day from your booking and are within your Host's cancellation window, you will be refunded for that day according to your Host's cancellation policy. If your Host's cancellation window has passed, you will not receive a refund for the date that is removed.
Questions about a fee you were charged for modifying your trip? Please review this FAQ.
We issue refunds immediately but your bank can take up to 10 business days to post the refund to your account, although it is usually quicker than that. Please keep that timeline in mind when checking for the arrival of your refund.
How to change your trip dates if the 'Modify Trip' tool is not available for your booking
If you don't see the 'Modify Trip' button on your Trips Page, it's likely because you booked with a discount code. The modify booking tool will be available soon for all bookings, but in the meantime, the support team is glad to help you out! Follow these steps to change the dates of your booking:
- Confirm your new dates with your Host via Hipcamp messages.
- Once your Host has approved your new dates, please reach out to our Support team to adjust your dates. You can do so here.
Need to add more people to your booking? Please follow the steps in this FAQ: How can I change my group size?