If you'd like to refund a Hipcamper at any time, you can get in touch with Hipcamp Support -- just let us know the Hipcamper's name or booking ID.
- Before a trip: You can refund a Hipcamper outside of your cancellation policy if it is before the Hipcamper's booking. If you ever want to override your policy, we'll need your explicit consent on refunding, but this is entirely up to you as a Host!
- During a trip: We can always cancel a booking while it's in progress and refund the Hipcamper any amount you'd like -- full refund, partial refund, and anywhere in between.
Refunds after a trip from your Host Dashboard:
We hope that all of your bookings go smoothly and are great experiences. However, we understand that occasionally miscommunications can happen between Hipcampers and Hosts. We can refund post-stay if you'd like, and this will place a "balance" on your account if you'd already been paid for the Hipcamper's booking. If that's the case, the Hipcamper is refunded immediately and the amount you choose to refund the Hipcamper will be taken out of a future payout, as soon as we pay you again! If a Hipcamper does have a negative experience during their booking at your camp and you'd like to refund them fully or partially, you can do this yourself in your Calendar. Here's how:
- Log in to your account on Hipcamp.com
- Click on Calendar on the top menu bar in your Dashboard
- Find the past booking you're going to refund, click on it
- On the bottom of this pop-up screen, you'll find the Refund field
- Enter the amount of the refund
- Click on the green refund button
Please note that you can only issue a refund for a booking that is current or has been completed not a future booking.