If your photos aren’t uploading, it’s likely because the file size of your images is too large. The maximum size is 10MB, so if your photos are larger, you can follow these steps which should solve the issue:
Aspect-wise, we would like all photos to retain a 4x6 or 6x4 aspect ratio to achieve consistency in our database.
Regarding file-size, we'd like each photo to be between 1500px and 3000px on the longest side, but please make sure you're not uploading super large files. Each photo should be less than 10MB.
If you’re using Lightroom to edit your photos, set the “limit file size to:” box in the export menu to 10,000 K, as shown here to downsize:
If you’re using Photoshop, here's how you can run a script on your photos to downsize them:
- Make sure all your edits are in one folder.
- In Photoshop click File Scripts Image Processor
- Select the folder that contains your edits
- Select "Save in Same Location"
- Select "Save as JPEG", Quality set to "10" and set "Resize to fit" to 1500px for both the Width and the Height (This will honor the proportions of each individual image and not skew the image no matter the size or crop)
- Check "Convert Profile to sRGB"
- Hit “Run”
- The resized images will begin populating in a folder called “JPEG” within your Edits folder.