On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the spread of COVID-19 to be a global pandemic. To support our community, COVID-19 related booking adjustments will fall under our natural disaster policy.
For COVID-19 related cancellations with a check-in date before April 15th, Hipcampers are eligible to collect a full credit. The full credit will include the Hipcamp service fee for a future booking. Hipcampers that live outside the USA will be eligible for a refund to their original payment method if they are not able to visit the USA to complete their trip. File a support ticket to initiate the process.
If the check-in time has already passed or the booking is scheduled for after April 15th, the Host's standard cancellation policy will apply. A doctor’s note or official travel advisory may be necessary for any COVID-19 related changes to trips happening after April 15th. We recognize that this is a rapidly-evolving situation and will revisit this timeline if necessary.
If your Host has reached out to you about needing to cancel due to COVID-19 or other natural disaster, please contact Hipcamp Support so we can help out further.
Other Natural Disaster Cancellations
If a booking needs to be canceled due to a natural disaster, public health crisis, or other act of nature that will prevent a trip from being safely completed, then the Hipcamper that made the booking is eligible to collect a full credit including the Hipcamp service fee. In order to initiate this process, you or your Host will need to get in touch with Hipcamp Support.
The Host will not collect any money for these bookings, regardless of their chosen cancellation policy. Our hope is that by providing a full credit, Hipcampers will be able to postpone their trip for a later date.
We may request documentation such as a doctor’s note, travel restriction, or severe weather advisory to have this policy apply.
Please note that non-severe storms or temperatures do not fall under our Natural Disaster Policy. If you do not want to go on a trip because of the present weather, please speak with your Host directly to see if they are willing to offer a refund or the option of rescheduling your trip.