We hope that all of your bookings go smoothly and are great experiences. However, we understand that occasionally miscommunications can happen between Hipcampers and Hosts. If a Hipcamper does have a negative experience during their booking at your camp and you'd like to refund them fully or partially, you can do this yourself in your Calendar. Here's how:
- Log in to your account on Hipcamp.com
- Click on Calendar on the top menu bar in your Dashboard
- Find the past booking you're going to refund, click on it
- On the bottom of this pop-up screen, you'll find the Refund field
- Enter the amount of the refund
- Click on the green refund button
Please note that you can only issue a refund for a booking that has been completed or canceled not a future booking.
If a Hipcamper gets in touch with our Support Team about a negative experience and requests a refund, the first thing we will do is email you about their concerns and ask if you are willing to refund them. We know there are two sides to every story and find that hearing the Host's perspective is really helpful!
If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will send you a reminder email. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours after the reminder email, we will process a refund for the Hipcamper which will be deducted from your next payout. In total, you will have 72 hours to approve or decline a refund request due to a Hipcamper's negative experience.