We know, as a landowner, access to a computer and a solid internet connection isn't always a given. Because of this, Hosts and Hipcampers have the ability to message each other using SMS/Text messaging.
To opt-in to receiving SMS notifications, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of your Dashboard. From there, select Account. On the next page, select Email and SMS on the left side of the screen.
If you're using the app, click on the Me tab at the bottom of the screen, then select Notification preferences. On the next screen, you'll see an option to edit your SMS notifications.
The phone number you will be using to interact with Hipcampers is a Hipcamp number that routes the text and allows us to save it to the hipcamp.com/messages for a seamless experience between SMS/Text messaging and your Desktop. There are a few scenarios where SMS/Text messaging will apply:
1) Accept or Decline Booking Requests via SMS/Text Messaging
- You will receive a notification of new booking request
- You will then have the ability to Accept or Decline the booking directly through SMS/Text messaging (if declining, you'll also have the option to turn those dates off)
- You will have the option to message Hipcamper directly through SMS/Text messaging before accepting or declining
- If you have any pending booking requests, we'll follow up after 24 hours
2) Message Hipcampers directly via SMS/Text Messaging
- Potential Hipcampers may message with questions and you can respond directly via SMS/Text Messaging to help them make any decisions about booking
- Confirmed Hipcampers can also message with questions leading up to their trip and you can now respond directly via SMS/Text Messaging
3) Notification of confirmed bookings
- If you have instant booking turned on, you'll receive an SMS/Text message when a booking has been made.
- You will then have the ability to communicate with Hipcampers directly via SMS/Text Messaging
Your mobile provider’s standard rates for sending and receiving text messages will apply.