We know, as a land owner, access to a computer and a solid internet connection aren't always a given. Because of this, Hosts and Hipcampers have the ability to message each other using SMS/Text messaging.
The phone number you will be using to interact with Hipcampers is a Hipcamp number that routes the text and allows us to save it to the hipcamp.com/messages for a seamless experience between SMS/Text messaging and your Desktop. There are a few scenarios where SMS/Text messaging will apply:
1) Accept or Decline Booking Requests via SMS/Text Messaging
- You will receive a notification of new booking request
- You will then have the ability to Accept or Decline the booking directly through SMS/Text messaging (if declining, you'll also have the option to turn those dates off)
- You will have the option to message Hipcamper directly through SMS/Text messaging before accepting or declining
- If you have any pending booking requests, we'll follow up after 24 hours
2) Message Hipcampers directly via SMS/Text Messaging
- Potential Hipcampers may message with questions and you can respond directly via SMS/Text Messaging to help them make any decisions about booking
- Confirmed Hipcampers can also message with questions leading up to their trip and you can now respond directly via SMS/Text Messaging
3) Notification of confirmed bookings
- If you have instant booking turned on, you'll receive an SMS/Text message when a booking has been made.
- You will then have the ability to communicate with Hipcampers directly via SMS/Text Messaging
You'll also be able to set your SMS/Text messaging preference in the Notifications tab of your Dashboard. You'll find this by hovering over your name in the top right corner of your Dashboard. From here, select 'Manage Account'. You'll then see an option on the left side of your screen for 'Notifications'.
Your mobile provider’s standard rates for sending and receiving text messages will apply.