If you are hosting on Airbnb in addition to Hipcamp, it's important that your calendars are properly synced to prevent double bookings. When set up properly, calendars will be synced regularly to keep availability up to date and we will always sync your calendars right before a new Hipcamp booking is put through to make sure no double bookings occur.
Please note: Sync tools are only available on live listings and this must be done on a desktop device at this time.
Step 1: Grab your Hipcamp link to export into Airbnb
- Visit your External Calendars page. You can navigate there from your Dashboard homepage or via your Calendar under the Options tab. The above link will take you right there!
- Click Add a calendar and name it Airbnb
- Copy the Hipcamp export link and hit Save
Step 2: Add your Hipcamp Calendar link into Airbnb
- Log into Airbnb
- Select Listings
- Click on Pricing and Availability
- Click Import Calendar
- Paste your Hipcamp link into the Calendar address field
- Name the calendar you're about to import
- Click Import Calendar to get the sync started
- Click Export Calendar to grab the Airbnb link that will now need to be entered into your Hipcamp External Calendars page.
Step 3: Adding your Airbnb link into Hipcamp
- Now that you have your Airbnb Calendar link, go back to your Hipcamp External Calendars page
- Click Edit on the specific unit that you are syncing with Airbnb and paste your Airbnb link into the Import Link box
- Hit Save and visit the page in a few hours to make sure that your two-way sync is active!
You’ll be able to tell things are working if you see the green Connected label next to your calendars.
This is what it will look like if everything is working:
If you host on other platforms and need to sync those calendars, the process is the same. You can sync to any services that use iCAL/ics links. You can check out our other helpful FAQ: Can I sync my Hipcamp calendar with multiple other calendars?
Special note: We improved our calendar syncing reliability in September 2020. If you set up your two-way sync before then, we’ve made changes to your Hipcamp calendar links which is why your status may read “IMPORT ONLY”. We recommend that you re-add your Hipcamp link to Airbnb by following the below instructions to upgrade your syncing connection, reliability, and to unlock monitoring tools.