Many Extras are covered by the Hipcamp Insurance Policy! However, there are some important exclusions to be aware of.
- Our insurance only covers you for on-property activities, so anything taking place off your property will not be covered.
Additionally, the following activities are not covered on or off your property:
- Serving alcohol to Hipcampers
- They can bring their own, but you will need additional insurance if you plan to provide alcohol to Hipcampers.
- Operating vehicles, motorised watercraft, or aircraft
- Operating mobile equipment (tractors, etc)
- Using weapons
- Rock climbing
- Interaction with Host-owned animals that aren't dogs, cats, cows, horses, pigs, chickens, goats, llamas, alpacas, waterfowl, and sheep
- Renting non-motorised boats
- Hipcampers can use non-motorised boats less than 26 feet long (such as kayaks, canoes, or or paddleboards) provided that they aren't being charged separately from the Hipcamp booking to use the boat.
- Racing activities
Download a summary of the Hipcamp Insurance Policy and its exclusions here.
You’re still able to offer activities as an Extra or allow them on your property if they aren't covered by the Hipcamp Insurance Policy, but you are required to have your own alternative insurance for the activity. Hipcamp Support may reach out to you for proof of a business licence and insurance related to Extras or activities advertised in your listings that aren't covered by the Hipcamp Insurance Policy.