In your Host Dashboard, we provide a pricing recommendation tool that will help you set an optimal price for your listing. To learn more about where and how to change your price, click here. Otherwise, when deciding how to price your listing, we recommend considering the following:
- Location: spend some time researching how much other local and public campgrounds charge in your area. You can browse campsites near you by heading to www.hipcamp.com/discover.
- Accommodation type: Hosts offer a variety of experiences to Hipcampers, from primitive campsites to cabins to Airstreams and more. The more sophisticated your accommodation, the more you can charge. Tent pitches will be priced at the lower end of the scale, while structures like treehouses, fully kitted out glamping structures, etc will be at the higher end.
- Amenities: Properties that offer certain amenities are often priced higher. Amenities include conveniences like bathrooms, showers, fire rings, Motorhome hook-ups, etc. There are no required amenities to list on Hipcamp and many Hosts offer primitive campsites that are still very popular and lucrative on Hipcamp. Lots of Hosts use the income from their first few Hipcampers to add additional amenities and structures. You can see examples of basic campsites amenities here.
- Unique features: Is your property on the edge of a national forest? Driving distance from a national park? Maybe you offer farm education, healing programs, complimentary firewood, or complete privacy for your guests. By opening up your land to Hipcampers, you are creating new and unique experiences for millions of people. While this makes all Hipcamps special, there are certain features that can help you better market and price your listing at a higher rate. Looking for tips on how to become a successful Hipcamp Host? Learn from hosts themselves.
- You! Ultimately, how you price your listing is up to you. We recommend starting at a modest price because you can always change your price through the Host dashboard.
You can create your free listing here: https://www.hipcamp.com/host